Thursday, May 15, 2008

Brunches and Dinners At Church

There was a brunch at church the Saturday before Mother's Day. They were nice enough to prepare something I could eat and I very much appreciated it. However they passed around plates piled high with pastries that everybody else ate with their fingers. Then they put their contaminated fingers on the paper hand-outs, on the water pitchers and on everything else. I was *SO* grateful that I sat near the door so I could get up and wash my hands several times.

There is an appreciation dinner for Sunday School teachers on Monday night. I am not going. They are having carne asada which is OK but neither the grill nor the kitchen will be decontaminated before preparation. I was invited to show them what needed to be done, but I work Mondays, and it would probably take all day to make things safe. Too bad, because that would have been a great educational opportunity.

No comments: