Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tale of Woe

My church gave a dinner for everyone involved in any ministry this fall. As I am involved in several (AWANA, Choir, Missions, Prayer Quilts, Nursery, Operation Christmas Child Coordinator) that meant they intended for me to be there.

I spoke with the "chef" and thought everything was going to be OK. He really went out of his way to accommodate me. He cooked the fish for my fish taco separately and first so as to avoid cross-contamination (my food being contaminated with the gluten in the breading on everyone else's fish.) He with-held the ramen from my salad.

But alas, it must have been the dressing (the ingredients of which were written in Spanish!) because I spent most of the week feeling less than stellar.

I believe these events will be held again and again, but most likely without me.

Sigh.




No comments: